CANCELLED: GVC Ultimate Driving School #107
Open Lapping on Friday for Solo, Advanced, Instructors
HPDE for all classes from Novice to Advanced on Saturday and Sunday
Advanced Data Coaching available for Solo students
Watkins Glen International
GVC’s Ultimate Driving School #107 is the last of three GVC HPDE events at the Glen in 2020. Our driving schools offer intensive in-car and classroom instruction on the theory and practice of high-performance driving to drivers at all skill levels.
- There will be separate run groups for Novice (Group 4), Intermediate (Group 3), Advanced (Group 2) students and GroupS drivers each limited to 30-35 drivers. Drivers in these groups are each assigned a highly-trained and experienced instructor familiar with the performance characteristics of the student's car. This personalized one-on-one instructional format is arguably the most important feature of our HPDE program. Assignments to run groups 2 through 4 are based primarily on a student's experience and prior evaluations (if any, including SLIP* ratings), and secondarily on vehicle performance. Group S registration is limited to drivers who have previously passed the group checkout process. For more detail about group S see below.
- GVC is now offering Advanced Data Coaching to a limited number of Group S and Advanced drivers who are interested in taking the next leap in driving skills development. A highly-qualified Data Coach will work with you to utilize data from your vehicle to reveal opportunities for improving your driving technique. In addition to personal 1-on-1 coaching, we provide an AiM Solo 2 data logger to use for the weekend at no extra charge. We are confident that you will see track performance gains that will rival modifications to your car costing thousands of dollars by improving the most important component in your car - you! Fee is $250 for a two-day (Sat./Sun.) program. No money due at registration; we collect the fee (cash or check only) at the event. Only six AiM units available, so don't wait to sign up!
Bonus Features (complimentary unless otherwise noted)
- GVC Driver’s Resource Center: The center of school operations. Helpful advice and assistance for all participants and guests
- After-hours Party: 4:30 - 7:00 PM Friday, 5:00 -7:00 Saturday at the track. Open to all participants and guests
- Banquet: Dinner ($15 per person) with cash bar in the Jack Daniels Club (aka the "Glen Club") overlooking the Esses (turns 2-3), Saturday evening (limited to 150 guests)
- Mechanical and technical services for your car provided on-site by "The Little Speed Shop" (discounted parts and labor for participants)
- Event shirts for all drivers and instructors
- Tire, performance parts auctions, Beer and other goodies courtesy of our generous sponsors
- Friendly and helpful staff to make this experience your “Ultimate Driving School”
Weekend School Format:
WGI opens at 6 AM, and there is a mandatory Driver's Meeting for all at 7:30 AM each day. On-track sessions run from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Saturday and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Sunday, with an hour break for lunch at noon each day. The days are busy, but there is enough free time for students to maintain their cars and socialize with fellow driving enthusiasts at the event.
Friday: Open-track for instructors, Group S drivers, pre-approved Advanced drivers*.
Saturday and Sunday: Students in each run group work with their assigned instructors in regularly scheduled ~25 min. sessions.
- Group 4: Novice (SLIP* L0 – L1). Drivers with <4 previous driving schools
- Group 3: Intermediate (SLIP L2 – L3)
- Group 2: Advanced (SLIP L3 – L4)
- Group 1: Group S (SLIP L4 and up)
- Group 0: Instructors (Expert; SLIP L5 and up)
*SLIP (Skill Level Instruction Program) is a standardized system for evaluating and tracking a student's HP driving skills.Information about SLIP is available by downloading this document: SLIP Criteria 2016.pdf
Please visit the GVC website for complete details about our HP driving schools, including the Group S application procedure:
Garage Bay Rental Available but limited
Reserve a garage for two and three-day events at registrations
Look for Registration for this event on motorsportreg.com/
"Bring a Friend" Offer
Any registered driver or instructor who brings a "first-timer" (i.e. new to GVC) student participant will receive free dinners for themselves and their friend at the Saturday Glen Club banquet. First-timer must identify their "sponsor" by name during the event registration to take advantage of this offer.
GVC Loyalty Reward
Sign up for all three GVC weekend HPDE's with the Saturday "Banquet "option, and get a full refund of the banquet fees for all 3 events.
For a 'grid view' of our 2020 driving schools, click here. The 'grid view' clearly shows the options for each school.
The Little Speed Shop
Full-service repair and performance shop specializing in BMW, MINI and other high line makes.
500 Lee Road, Building C, Rochester, NY