GVC Advanced HPDE
Wednesday, Aug 07, 2019
to Thursday, Aug 08, 2019Location
Watkins Glen InternationalEvent CoordinatorDriving School Chief Instructor
2019-Aug-07 00:002019-Aug-08 00:00America/New_YorkGVC Advanced HPDEThis event is open to advanced track drivers only, and provides a great opportunity to develop your high performance driving skills. The unique DE format has two run groups, faster and slower, self-assigned according to your preferred pace and comfort level.Watkins Glen InternationalGenesee Valley BMW Car Club
The unique DE format has two run groups, faster and slower, self-assigned according to your preferred pace and comfort level. Regardless of which run group you choose, all drivers have the option to drive in either group at any time when the track is "green" as long as appropriate respect is paid to the run group's "culture". Each driver will enjoy LOTS of track time!
This event is limited to 75 cars, so early registration is highly encouraged.
All standard BMW safety protocols and passing rules will be in effect.
In the interests of keeping traffic reasonable, the number of drivers accepted will be limited to 75 (set by number of vehicles/mile permitted in BMW CCA club racing).
To be confirmed for this event, you must satisfy all the following criteria:
• You must be an advanced, or Intermediate, student driver that has been soloed, or a HPDE instructor. This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
• BMW CCA: GVC Group S (or equivalent), Group 2 (advanced) and upper-level Group 3 (intermediate) drivers rated SLIP L3 or higher.
• PCA white or black run group.
• MSF certified Level 1 or 2 instructors in good standing.
• Professional or amateur racers with valid competition licenses.
Please be sure your motorsportreg logbook is up to date.
Instructors are not assigned, but will be available for consultation and coaching on an individual basis.
If you are unsure whether you qualify, please contact Bill O'Neill (GVC Chief Instructor).
Guests are welcome to attend and enjoy the sights and sounds of WGI, but must have their names added to the Guest list to gain admittance to the track if arriving separately. All guests must sign the GVC waiver on arrival.
Registration options and fees:
• Two-day event: $595 (max. 75 drivers)
• One-day (Wed or Thurs): $350 (limited to 10 one-day drivers each day)
UPDATE: New!! Garage bays are now available for two-day registrants!
Registration Closes: 08/05/2019
Our Sponsors and Advertisers
Michelin Tire auction, be sure to bring your checkbook as we will be auctioning 4 Michelin tires to the highest bidder.