GVC Driving Schools - Event Requirements
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and hold a current, valid driver’s license.
- Cars of all marques are welcome.
- Vehicles we do not allow at our events:
- Open-top cars such as convertibles/roadsters
- SUVs, SAVs, trucks
- Open-wheel vehicles
- Vehicles without a passenger seat
- Any vehicle we deem to be unsafe for whatever reason.
- All vehicles must meet our safety and technical requirements. These requirements are detailed on our Technical Inspection Form.
- The technical inspection must be performed by a knowledgeable repair facility within 4 weeks of an event. We suggest a tech inspection prior to every event, even when the events may only be a week apart.
- Tech forms must be signed by the inspector and the driver and/or vehicle owner, and will be collected by registration/tech personnel at check-in for the event.
- Emergency Contact and Medical Information:
- All drivers must complete the GVC Medical Information Form. The information on the form is solely for the use of medical personnel in the case of an accident or other health-related event requiring care.
- The completed form should be sealed inside a executive envelope with the name and phone number of both yourself and an emergency contact written on it, and indicate whether the form should be destroyed (default) or returned to you at the end of the event. The form should be turned in at event check-in.
Please contact us by e-mail if you need further clarification.
- GVC HPDE’s are open for participation by any licensed driver over 18 years of age.
- Priority is given to BMW CCA members, and GVC members have the highest priority.
- Members may register for any or all GVC HPDE’s beginning on or around the first of the New Year.
- Registration for non-members is deferred until one month prior to each event, and registration fees are $100 higher than member fees.
- Clearly, membership has its privileges! Current yearly memberships are only $48, and include a full year’s subscription to the Roundel, the official magazine of the BMW CCA.
Run Group Assignments
- In order to maintain a safe and effective learning environment, drivers are placed into run groups based primarily on skill level and experience. In some instances, vehicle type and equipment (in that order) are also taken into consideration.
- Participants self-select placement in a particular run group during registration. However, final run group assignments are determined after review of the driver’s credentials by the Registrar and Chief Instructor.
Registration for all GVC driving schools is done online at GVC’s site on motorsportreg.com. If you have not created one already, you must first create a user profile before you will be allowed to register for any event on msreg. PLEASE use your real name when creating your profile (no aliases or monikers). If you are a BMW CCA member, be sure to use the same name in both systems, because msreg verifies club memberships using the national database.
In order to maximize enjoyment of the track and minimize traffic, run groups are limited to 35 to 40 vehicles. Once a run group is full, new applicants for that group are placed on a waiting list, and are confirmed for the event only after a place (“seat”) opens up within the appropriate run group. Again, GVC members are given highest priority, followed by BMW CCA members from other chapters, and then non-members.
- Fees are non-refundable one week prior to an event, unless we can fill slot from the waiting list.
- Refunds are subject to a minimum 10% fee to cover billing costs. This fee may be waived if you choose to credit the refund toward another GVC driving school within one year of event. No credits are granted for late cancellations within one week of the event date. Credit is forfeited if not redeemed.
- Contact the Registrar by phone or email if you must cancel after the deadline. Fees for “no show/no calls” are forfeited in their entirety. No-shows may result in blacklisting for future GVC driving schools.
How do I know if I am actually registered for a school?
After you register, you will receive e-mail confirmation that your application has been received. If and when your application is accepted, your status will be changed from “new” to “confirmed” or “waitlisted” on motorsportreg.com. Waitlisted applicants who are offered seats in the event will be placed on “hold” pending full payment of all fees.
- When you first arrive at the track, WGI will require you (and your guests) to sign their insurance waiver in order to gain admittance to the track grounds.
- At the event check-in, you will be required to sign a second insurance waiver for GVC and BMW CCA. ALL adult participants and guests must sign the waiver.
- Minors entering the track must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a responsible adult
o A special minor waiver must be completed and signed by at least one parent or guardian.
o If a parent or legal guardian is not present at the event, the minor waiver must be filled out and signed by at least one parent/guardian in advance. This form may be downloaded using the following link: GVC Minor Waiver
Please read the student packet carefully, as it contains a wealth of pertinent information you need to know to participate in any of our track events. Please be sure you and your guests have read, understand and comply with our guest policies.
Helmets are mandatory, and must be Snell 2010 or 2015 SA or M rated (Snell 2005 are acceptable through 2016); SFI 31.1; or FIA 8860. You will be required to bring your helmet to check-in for verification of condition and Snell rating. A limited selection of loaner helmets are available for guests who wish to take a track ride with an instructor.
For more information and answers to questions you might have, please email the GVC Registrar
If you are an instructor, but have not instructed with us in the past, please visit the instructor web page for information about instructing for GVC.