GVC Ultimate Driving School #105 June 5-7, 2020
Open Lapping on Friday for Solo, Advanced, Instructors
HPDE for all classes from Novice to Advanced on Saturday and Sunday
BMW CCA Instructor Training School on Friday and Saturday
Advanced Data Coaching available for Solo students
Watkins Glen International
GVC’s Ultimate Driving School #105 is the first of three GVC HPDE events at the Glen in 2020. Our driving schools offer intensive in-car and classroom instruction on the theory and practice of high-performance driving to drivers at all skill levels.
- There will be separate run groups for Novice (Group 4), Intermediate (Group 3), Advanced (Group 2) students and GroupS drivers each limited to 30-35 drivers. Drivers in these groups are each assigned a highly-trained and experienced instructor familiar with the performance characteristics of the student's car. This personalized one-on-one instructional format is arguably the most important feature of our HPDE program. Assignments to run groups 2 through 4 are based primarily on a student's experience and prior evaluations (if any, including SLIP* ratings), and secondarily on vehicle performance. Group S registration is limited to drivers who have previously passed the group checkout process. For more detail about group S see below.
- GVC is now offering Advanced Data Coaching to a limited number of Group S and Advanced drivers who are interested in taking the next leap in driving skills development. A highly-qualified Data Coach will work with you to utilize data from your vehicle to reveal opportunities for improving your driving technique. In addition to personal 1-on-1 coaching, we provide an AiM Solo 2 data logger to use for the weekend at no extra charge. We are confident that you will see track performance gains that will rival modifications to your car costing thousands of dollars by improving the most important component in your car - you! Fee is $250 for a two-day (Sat./Sun.) Only six AiM units available, so don't wait to sign up!
- BMW CCA Instructor Training School: The BMW CCA National ITS program developed from GVC's regional training school for HPDE instructors starting in 2001. It is currently the only club-based training program nationally certified by the Motorsport Safety Foundation, and ITS graduates are nationally certified Level 2 HPDE Instructors. Most of the instructors at GVC's driving schools are now Level 2 certified, or have been rigorously trained and vetted in similar high-quality programs. Interested in becoming an instructor? Get in touch with GVC's ITS Chief Instructor, Ken Buschner, and fill out the ITS Application available online.
Bonus Features (complimentary unless otherwise noted)
- GVC Driver’s Resource Center: The center of school operations. Helpful advice and assistance for all participants and guests
- After-hours Party: 4:30 - 7:00 PM Friday, 5:00 -7:00 Saturday at the track. Open to all participants and guests
- Banquet: Dinner ($15 per person) with cash bar in the Jack Daniels Club (aka the "Glen Club") overlooking the Esses (turns 2-3), Saturday evening (limited to 150 guests)
- Mechanical and technical services for your car provided on-site by "The Little Speed Shop" (discounted parts and labor for participants)
- Event shirts for all drivers and instructors
- Tire, performance parts auctions, Beer and other goodies courtesy of our generous sponsors
- Friendly and helpful staff to make this experience your “Ultimate Driving School”
Drivers wishing to check-out for Group S MUST register as an "Advanced" driver using the "Group S checkout" option. This is a three-day registration option limited to 5-6 drivers.
Please visit the GVC website for complete details about our HP driving schools, including the Group S application procedure:
For a 'grid view' of our 2020 driving schools, click here. The 'grid view' clearly shows the options for each school.
Little Speed Shop